The Urgent Need in Lebanon
"Thank you for your thoughtfulness... God is good, but the country is devastated and we need your fervent prayers and support." Mohammad Yamout, Pastor, Tyre Church (Lebanon)
"We so appreciate your help and partnership in all this for sure." Teenie Lyro, Tyre Church (Lebanon)
It's such an awful time for the people of Lebanon, especially Beirut.
Lebanon was in the news over the Summer due to the horrendous explosion on the 4th August. Hundreds tragically died, many more injured and an estimated 300,000 left homeless.
Prior to the explosion, Christ Church has been working in Lebanon for the last couple of years. We've been working alongside Horizons International Mission and partnering with Tyre Church.
Lebanon was struggling before the explosion and we were in the process of collecting clothes/medicines and other essentials to ship there for our local church partners to distribute. With the explosion, the situation has become even more desperate.
You can respond in 3 different ways:
Please pray for Beirut and Lebanon. Here are some suggestions:
- For the Lebanese people now: For food and aid to get to them.
- For stability in the land: For governments of other countries & the UN to help make lasting change for good.
- For the Lebanese government and all who have done wrong in this. Like Zacchaeus (Luke 19:1-10), all need, & can find, Jesus’ forgiveness and hope.
- For all the people at Tyre Church and Horizons International mission. As well as physical aid, for God to open doors of opportunity for them to share the Gospel and that they will take every opportunity to do so.
- For us at Christ Church Liverpool and others here overseas. For people here to help people there. Praying, giving, helping as we develop our partnership.
- For those many Lebanese Maronite Christians wanting to leave - that they will discover the hope of the liberating love of our all-forgiving Jesus.
- That people will be able to be Christian formally and share the Gospel in Lebanon legally into the future.
- For the Syrian refugees. A lot are now returning to Syria. Coming to Lebanon so needy and now?
- For God's glory. For the hope of the Gospel to spread and reconcile throughout the land and region.
Consider donating to one of our trusted partners on the links below. Any amount given can make a huge difference in the lives of those the church reaches.
People from Tyre Church and Horizons International mission have been on the ground taking humanitarian aid and sharing Gospel hope with people.
Tyre Church work in conjunction with the Global Orphan Project. Your donation can go to "Greatest Need' or "Orphan Prevention" & there is a space for you to write the church you belong to.
Are you a medic? Are you interested in Gospel ministry, children’s ministry, teaching, football ministry? There are lots of opportunities to get involved.